Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Unit 2

Hello everyone, and thanks for checking out my blog. I am still learning how to do this, so please bear with me. Anyone who has a comment is welcome to post; and please feel free to respond to anything I, or anyone else has to say.

As for the exercise in listening, I was not very successful. I did not feel anything that he said I should feel; my hands and arms did not get heavy or warm, and I had no trouble lifting my arms up. I have found that I am not very good at creating a mental image, and am wondering if that simply isn't the way my brain works or if I am somehow failing in an important aspect of life? When I took another course, we were read instructions to imagine that we were sucking on a lemon; everyone else in the class was complaining about the sour taste it left in their mouths, but I didn't experience anything like that.

2 comments:

  1. Lori,

    When I first started to meditate, I had a similar experience. Personally, I had trouble clearing my mind. However, practice makes perfect! Keep trying, hopefully it will work for you.

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daniel, thanks for the encouragement; it helps to know that I am not alone. I actually enjoyed the week 3 meditation, so perhaps I am getting better already.

      Delete