Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Unit 4 Loving-Kindness Exercise

I must admit I found the Loving-Kindness exercise to be the most frustrating one of all. She kept pausing so I could visualize whatever she was talking about, but I could not visualize anything. I found myself wanting her to hurry up and finish so I could go on with my day. Perhaps with practice this will get better for me, but I am not holding my breath. I would not recommend this to anyone because I don't recommend things that I personally don't find useful.
A mental workout, or contemplative practice, is the method and the tool we use to explore our inner selves; our inner minds. Research indicates that learning to explore our minds and train them to allow ourselves to be calm and caring we can improve our own health as well as that of others. You can implement mental workouts by meditating daily and beginning to train your brain to achieve calm and loving-kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment