Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Unit 5

To be perfectly honest, I did not find either Loving Kindness or The Subtle Mind to be very helpful. Apparently, I do better when someone is telling me what to focus on and then continuing to speak. I think part of the problem may be that I am still not doing very well with visualization, and I need more help maintaining my focus. I found my mind wandering all over the place with The Subtle Mind and this was very frustrating.

Spiritual wellness is totally connected to physical and mental wellness. If you are spiritually unwell, you are going to have more problems both physically and mentally. I find that the more I have my spiritual life in order, the better my moods are and the more I am able to focus on whatever task is at hand. My mind is clearer and I am better able to complete everything I need to do each day. I also find that the better my prayer life is, the better I feel physically. Although I still have several health problems, the better I am doing spiritually the less I focus on those problems and the better I feel in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment