I did not find the Meeting Aesclepius mp3 to be the least bit helpful or useful. I found the spaces between her instructions to be too long and I found my mind wandering all over the place. I found it to be so unhelpful that I only listened to it once. I did try to spend some time this week meditating by myself, but I was very busy and my daughter was sick. I am not really sure that meditation has increased my psychological wellness at this point; but I am hoping that will change as I learn to practice it more.
The saying: "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" means that we cannot lead others in practicing something we don't practice ourselves. We need to practice meditation before we can teach someone else to do it; this is true with anything that we might want someone else to do. This applies to the health and wellness professional because no one is going to listen to a doctor who smokes tell them to quit. In the same way, we cannot teach our clients to meditate for better health and less stress if we don't practice it ourselves. I do have an obligation to my clients to be developing my health psychologically, physically and spiritually; because I need to be at my best to be able to help them be their best. I can implement psychological and spiritual growth in my personal life by continuing to practice meditating and praying.
No comments:
Post a Comment